MMA 2019 call for entry
About the Mining Media Awards
The Mining Media Awards organized by MEJRKH Communications and Media Advisory in partnership with the Chamber of Mines of Zimbabwe honour media practitioners who have significantly contributed towards objective and impactful coverage of the mining sector in 8 categories including the Overall Mining Sector Reporter of the Year award.
The awards which were introduced in 2014 aim to encourage coverage of the mining sector in the local media in a manner that has a favourable influence on decision makers, the public and the sector in general.
The awards reward media practitioners who would have meaningfully contributed towards creating awareness on the activities of the mining sector, issues affecting it as well as its role and relevance to economic growth and sustainable development in Zimbabwe.
Entries are now open for the Mining Media Awards (MMA) 2019, which will be held on the 3rd of October 2019 in Harare.
Prizes are up for grabs in 8 categories including the Grand Prize, the Overall Mining Sector Reporter of the Year award.
- Gold Sector Best Reporter Award: This award recognizes journalists for their outstanding endeavor to promote the growth of the gold sector in Zimbabwe through objectively articulating the concerns and achievements of the sector.
- Small Scale and Artisanal Miners Award: This award recognises objective and accurate reporting on the issues affecting Small Scale and Artisanal Miners who are now contributing the bulk of the gold supplied to Fidelity Printers and Refiners.
- Platinum Sector Best Reporter Award : This award will be given to honour excellence in reporting on the issues to do with the Platinum Group Metals (PGMs) in Zimbabwe, their contribution to development, challenges faced by miners and other stakeholders and the opportunities and growth prospects.
- Corporates Social Responsibility and Sustainability Award: Journalists will be honoured for incisive and excellent reporting on the corporate social responsibility programmes by companies in the mining sector that uplift communities and bring about development.
- Diamond Sector Best Reporter Award: This award relates to the objective and accurate reporting on the issues affecting the diamond sector in Zimbabwe, its challenges, opportunities and growth prospects.
- Electronic Media Best Reporter Award: This award is for journalists in the electronic media who excel in reporting on the mining industry, its challenges and opportunities, as well as contribution to national development.
- Chrome Sector Best Reporter Award: This award recognizes journalists for their outstanding work in reporting on the chrome sector in Zimbabwe through objectively articulating the concerns and achievements of the sector.
- Overall Mining Sector Reporter of the Year Award: This is the grand prize selected from the winners in each category of the awards above. It is the premier award for excellence in reporting mining issues.
General Conditions of Entry
- Entries cover the period 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019.
- Only accredited journalists are eligible to submit entries.
- You can only enter a maximum of two stories in a maximum of four categories.
- A separate entry form (or photocopy thereof) must be completed and submitted with each entry.
- Send two copies of your work.
- Print journalists should send the original article and a clean, legible photocopy of the entry.
- TV and Radio: Please send two discs (DVD/CD). Both audio and video clips should not be longer than 5 minutes.
- Entries should have been broadcast or published in English.
- Entries must reach the Mining Media Awards, 797 Grosvenor Rd, Highlands, Harare on the 6th of September 2019 by 4:30pm.
Winners will be announced at the 2019 Mining Media Awards ceremony on the 3rd of October 2019 at the Cresta Lodge in Harare at 6pm.
The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Organised by MEJRKH Communications and Media Advisory in partnership with Chamber of Mines of Zimbabwe.
For more information please contact
Paidamoyo Makoni Cell: 0771 329 937 Tel: +263 8644250477 Email: [email protected]
Patience Tsikira Cell: 0776 039 312 Tel: +263 8644250477 Email: [email protected]
Kudzai Muranda Cell: 0777541965 Tel: +263 8644250477 Email: [email protected]
- Date: July 25, 2019
- Category: Business